Want to get your home prepped for the fall and winter? This checklist will get you started in making sure your home is fully ready for the cold season and everything that comes with it.
- Rake up leaves. This seems obvious, but your grass needs to breathe if it’s going to survive longer when the cold temperatures set in.
- Clear gutters and rain spouts of debris and leaves. Again, obvious but definitely needed with the number of leaves that will be pouring from trees. Don’t want those leaves, debris, and rainwater to freeze once the cold sets in.
- Drain and store hoses and drain sprinkler systems.
- Make sure there are no cracks or unsealed spots on windows. Don’t want that expensive heat to escape through holes in windows!
- Have all major home appliances checked to ensure they are fully operational for the winter season.
- Have your vents and dryer vents fully clean and clear of debris.
- Check your water heater for leaks. Having a functional water heater especially when temperatures start to come down is a must.
- Have your HVAC serviced before it gets chilly and the heater starts to kick on.
- Inspect your roof or get someone out to inspect your roof for missing, damaged, and loose shingles as well as leaks.
- Drain and prepare pipes for those nightly freezes.
These 10 tips will help you tackle the winter like a pro and keep your home maintained and working properly. Save time and money by getting these tasks done earlier and like usual, Maestro is here if you need any assistance. Happy Fall!